Thursday, November 1, 2007

Breaking News - Geighzing at the Stars


Petty in Nature: Singer Backs Down, Despite Previous Claims

by Jah Banni

(Creepy Tom Petty)

Gainesville, Fla. (TruthBrush) – “You can stand me up at the gates of hell … But I won’t back down.” The words of Tom Petty seem genuine enough. His actions, however, suggest otherwise.

Tom Petty has backed down. The 57-year old native of Gainesville made the decision late last week, after being triple dog dared to visit the very gates he mentions in song. Petty, who originally made the bold statement in 1989 on his album Full Moon Fever, admitted that this was not an easy decision.

“Hey, baby … there ain’t no easy way out,” said Petty.

You don’t know how it feels,” said Petty. “I’m running
down a dream
and I guess it’s wake up time. It’s just gotten to the point where … I’ve had a breakdown. I’m free falling.”

- Tom Petty


In effect the dare was a microcosm of what has caused Petty some discomfort with the statement since he first made it. The pressure of life, it seems got to the Rock and Roll hall of famer.

Petty, says that the “…world that keeps on pushing me around,” has finally won out. He warns, however, that this is not the end.

You don’t know how it feels,” said Petty. “I’m running down a dream and I guess it’s wake up time. It’s just gotten to the point where … I’ve had a breakdown. I’m free falling.”

“A lot of people say, ‘You got lucky’ and I can’t disagree. But I also tell them ‘Don’t come around here no more,’” Petty continued. “Even the losers that tell me those things know its time to move on. I am not a refugee. I am learning to fly … maybe into the great wide open. Who knows? But there is something in the air.”

And that is, of course, an airplane.



No comments: